European Free Movement Applications

Registration Certificate

You may wish to apply for Registration Certificate if you are a citizen of EEA country. This is not mandatory but it will ease your life and you can prove your right to live and work in the UK. It also makes it easier to claim certain benefits and services.

You may apply as a:

  • Qualified Person
  • As a family member
  • As an extended family memebr
  • As a family member of a student
  • As an extended family member of a student
  • As an unmarried partner

UK Family Permit

Relatives of European Economic Area or Swiss nationals are eligible for a UK family permit. The EEA family permit acts as a visa giving you permission to enter and remain in the UK. If you are not an EEA national but are related to one, this permit is for you. If you are a visa national or coming to live with your EEA or Swiss national relative in the UK permanently or long-term, then you will need to apply for a family permit. Your EEA national relative must be present in the UK or accompanying you to the UK for you to be eligible. To apply for a family permit, use application form VAF5.

Permanent Residence

If you wish to apply for a document certifying Permanent Residence (if you’re an EEA national) or Permanent Residence Card (if you’re a non-EEA national) as confirmation of a right of permanent residence under the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 (‘the EEA Regulations’).

To qualify for the permanent residency, you must normally have lived in the UK for a continuous period of five years as:

  • an EEA national ‘qualified person’ (worker, self-employed, self-sufficient, student or job seeker)
  • a family member or extended family member* of an EEA national qualified person or permanent resident
  • a former family member of an EEA national if you’ve retained your right of residence after the EEA national died or left the UK, or your/their marriage or civil partnership ended in divorce, annulment or dissolution or
  • a family member of a British citizen who worked or was self-employed in another EEA state before returning to the UK (‘Surinder Singh’ cases)

You can also qualify if you are:

  • an EEA national former worker or self-employed person who has ceased activity in the UK because you have retired, are permanently incapacitated, or you’re now working or selfemployed in another EEA state but still retain your residence in the UK
  • the family member or extended family member of an EEA national who has ceased activity, or
  • the family member or extended family member of an EEA national former worker or self employed person who has died.

Social Welfare For the EU Citizens

Student Finance 

 Registration certificate or registration card?

This confuses many. The use and effect of the certificate and card are same. The residence certificates are for EEA nationals. It will be issued to the EEA qualified person, a family member who himself is an EEA national or an extended family member who himself is an EEA national. This is given in a blue folder.

On the other hand any non EEA citizen will get a registration card as a family member or extended family member. The forms to be used are EEA(QP) and EEA(FM) and EEA(EFM). This card is affixed on the passport.

Did you know?

  • Home office accepts original documents only. Photocopies are not accepted. Every pages of the bank statements must be sealed by the bank – in case you take online print out.
  • Non EU people shall have to give bio metric information
  • The form EEA(PR) is not mendatory but helpful
  • If parents have PR, their children can register as british citizen according to s3(1) of BNA 1981
  • Treatment of NHS is free for all ordinarily residence in the UK ( under s 1(3) of national health service act 2006. So all EEA nationals residing in the UK are taken into the NHS load.
  • If EEA national becomes naturalised british citizen, his dependent’s status become unstable, and their PR may be refused. It is best to apply for naturalisation all together. PR do not take away the EEA rights but the naturalization does.
  • When the PR card was issued does not matter, as long as you hold PR status for more than 12 months, you may apply for naturalisation.

The fee:

There is a fee of £65 for each person applying for a document certifying permanent residence or permanent residence card. We will charge you £300 to make your application on your behalf.

Contact us for a clean, error free application