UK Ancestry visa is for them who are a Commonwealth citizen. You will need to apply from outside of the UK through online application. Generally, you will need to prove that, any of your grandparents was born in the UK.
Having satisfying the above, if you are over 17 and able to plan and work in the UK, have enough money without help from public funds to support and house yourself and any dependants and work in the UK, you may be qualified to apply for UK Ancestry visa.
If you are awarded with the visa, it will for duration of 5 years. After 5 years you may extend it for another 5 years or you may apply for settlement ( ILR).
Good to know
- bring family members
- change (‘switch’) into this visa if you’re already in the UK on another visa
- get public funds
To prove your ancestry you need to show that you have a grandparent born in the UK or in Ireland ( before 31 march 1922) or adopted.
You can’t claim UK ancestry through step-parents.
Ancestry supporting documents
You will need to provide:
- your full birth certificate
- your marriage certificate or civil partnership registration document if your husband, wife or civil partner wants to join you
- the full birth certificates of the parent and grandparent your ancestry claim is based on
- marriage certificates for your parents and grandparents and legal adoption papers if you or your parents are adopted
Your UK Ancestry visa will cost £405.
You may also have to pay the healthcare surcharge as part of your application. The amount is £200 per year, so for 5 years the healthcare surcharge will be £1000.
We can process an error free UK Ancestry visa, contact us today